|"9x025 - Duct tape"|
|Season 9, Experiment No. 267|
|Upload date:||January 24, 2011|
|Experiment Outcome:||Good Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#266: Shotgun microphone|
|Next Episode:||#268: Old Spice body wash|
- The guys used the duct tape on two previous experiments. The bottle the dry ice bomb was in was wrapped in the blue duct tape, and Jory "reinforced the cap" of the lava lamp with the red duct tape.
- In the donations video, when the duct tape was introduced, Jon and Riley pretended like they were going to tape up Jory. In the video, they did in fact tape up Jory.
- Riley calls Penelope "The Penelope."
- Jory confirms that the reason Margaret II was retired was that she was too dirty to keep using.
- Jon predicts that Penelope won't make it through the end of the season. His prediction was wrong: Penelope did make it to the end and got retired after experiment 270.
- Before the start of the experiment, Penelope's light was once again turned on while the door was still closed. Also, the light turned off for a short time when Riley pushed the door button to put the duct tape in!
- Jon: We've cleaned [Penelope] as much as we can. There's just nothing you can do besides just retiring early and getting a new microwave, but...
Riley: Well, sadly, microwaves aren't [beep]in' free in this world, so stop your bitchin', alright?
- Jory: And we're not gonna bring [Penelope] back. Her contract runs out and she's dirty! I don't really want her! (whispers) But don't let HER know that!
- Jory: So, you may be wondering, is it a good idea to microwave duct tape? Bad Idea
Riley: (over-emphasizing "T" in "duct") DUCT!
Jory: I said "duct tape"! It's a silent "T." It's like "Colbert."
Riley: (purposely saying "T" in "Colbert") Dude, Stephen Colbert!