|"9x027 - Xenon light bulb"|
|Season 9, Experiment No. 269|
|Upload date:||January 31, 2011|
|Experiment Outcome:||Bad Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#268: Old Spice body wash|
|Next Episode:||#270: Bottle of beer|
- Jon said to put the bulb in for 9.9 minutes, since warp can't exceed 10, but Riley ended up using 9:09 for a time instead of 9:90.
- This is the second noble gas the guys have microwaved, the first being the helium inside of the season 8 helium balloon.
- Both light bulb-ing and light bulbs themselves are two of America's pastimes.
- Jon's favorite Star Trek captain is Jean-Luc Picard.
- Jory says that this is the "worst light bulb yet," but really, it isn't At least the xenon bulb tried to light up a bit. What did the plasma globe do?!
- Riley: But why are we doing another light bulb?! We ALWAYS do light bulbs!
Jon: It's tradition, and it's America's pastime!
- Jon: Why isn't it, like, lighting up like it's, like a regular light bulb used to?
Jory: Well, regular light bulbs have filaments. This just has an arc, I guess kind of like a spark plug.
- Jon: There's a reason we do light bulbs at the end of the season- because we're always gonna have a dirty microwave at the end of the season. And we're hoping if it was a light bulb, it would be, you know, we'd be able to see it!
- Jon: This was super lame and dumb! Don't waste your time. Sorry we wasted yours! Goodnight!