|"9x028 - Bottle of beer"|
|Season 9, Experiment No. 270|
|Upload date:||February 2, 2011|
|Experiment Outcome:||Bad Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#269: Xenon light bulb|
|Next Episode:||#271: Champagne bottle|
- 45 minutes was used as the microwave time, since this episode was meant for Super Bowl XLV.
- Once again, the duct tape is used for an experiment other than itself. Jory and Riley taped up Penelope with the gray duct tape, so as to prevent Penelope's door from opening during the explosion.
- In the annotations, Jon said that season 9 had the most explosions of any season so far. This is incorrect. Season 9 had four explosions, but in the "explosive episodes playlist" Jon created during season 8, he included six episodes/explosions that occurred in season 3.
- Sam Adams beer is yet another one of America's pastimes.
- The guys left the lights on in the lab for this experiment, because they wanted to be able to see the explosion more so than the actual microwaving.
- Penelope was finally retired after this experiment with the ending of this ninth season. With this retirement season 9 became the first (and probably only) season in which all three ultimate fates for microwaves passed by: retired, dead and the new discovered undead.
- Riley: (to Jory) Alright, look how good-lookin' [Penelope] is! Put those beer goggles on, and look how delicious!
- Riley: How's it smell?
Jory: It's the manliest smell! It's Swagger and beer!
- Jory: Beer is a precious, precious thing!
Riley: Is it?
Jory: It is SO precious to me.
Riley: I'm gonna plead the 5th on that one!
- Jon: (to Jory) You're drunk! Stop trying to be a philosopher!
- Jory: (to Riley) Let's shake [hands]!
Jon: What, did you just close on a home loan?!